March 2026

 March 2 - Steve and I took dinner into a friend who was going into have her knee replaced in the next week.  She was nervous and wanted to ask some questions.   I answered her questions about the surgery and Steve answered the husband's questions about what recovery looked like from his perspective.  

March 3 - I left work a little early to get to the polls so I could vote in the primaries.  Nick voted and stopped by the house on his way back to his apartment.  He found out that he was going to have to change his voting precinct to match his driver's license which has his new address. So many changes to make.  Val had a teacher work-day as many CMS schools are used as polling stations.  Steve may have found a solution to a programming issue that has been plaguing him and his team for quite some time now.  It was a good day. 

March 4 - LNC went to the district BOB competition.  We did really well, ended up in first place and will go on to regionals.  Yay!  


Group huddle after finding out we had won.  

March 6 - We took a drive up to Costco so I could put in the order for the cookies for the adult session of Stake Conference.  Val found some really cute skirts with shorts underneath.  They will be perfect for school when the weather gets warmer.  

March 7 - I did another fitting for the Borkowski's and got to meet Katie's roommate, River.  Super nice.

Val came with me and we did lunch, Goodwill, Ulta and then home.  It was a fun day learning how to use makeup to contour our faces.  

March 13 - Avian is home for Spring Break.  I am so sad because our breaks did not line up this year.  I had to work because I had taken so much time off for my knee.  We still had a ton of fun.  They also spent a lot of time with Leah and their friends.  

Shopping for class supplies for Spring Quarter. 

March 14 - We went back up to Costco to pick up the cookies and Avian found some shorts.  That evening we went to the adult session of conference.  While we were setting up the cookie tables before the conference started, Berqui was going over her talk when a member of the Stake Presidency came and asked her if she was ready to speak.  She said yes.  He then said, "Good, because you are the first speaker tonight."  She was shocked because she thought she was speaking on Sunday, not at the night session.  President Fife and Steve gave her a blessing right before the session started and she did a brilliant job.  

March 15 - Val, Mo and Avian went to the Tattoo festival.  Val came back with two tattoos.  

This one is "It is what it is" in Portuguese.  

Since Val writes her "to do list" on her hand, she decided to get this tattoo.  Very functional.  

Nick also came out to go on a LONG bike ride.  He was gone for almost two hours and came back exhausted but happy.  

Avian did this drawing of the Mach 5 Nick style for his birthday.

March 16 - we were under a severe thunderstorm warning.  Nothing big happened in our area, but a tornado touched down in the NODA district which is midway between our house and uptown Charlotte.  

That night Keegan and Anthony came over for dinner and to play Wii games.  I love having Avian's friends over.  

March 17 - My Dad's birthday.  I will always wear green in his honor.  Avian and I worked on an outfit for a photo shoot Sid wanted to do after everyone got back from Spring Break.  The characters are based on one of their favorite podcasts.  

This is the character for who we were making the outfit.  I will post pictures from the photo shoot once it is done.  

March 18 - I had a rough night.  I was up with back pain, nausea and night sweats.  I went to Dr. Moll to find out what was going on.  The urinalysis did not show an infection, but there were traces of blood which led him to believe I might be passing a kidney stone.  

Avian went hiking with Anthony.  They stopped by LNC to visit before heading out.  

March 19 - Avian spent the day with Leah and Rose.  That evening we went to have dinner with Ari and Nick.  Avian hadn't seen the apartment yet.  It was a fun night getting to know Ari a little better and seeing the progress they are making on getting settled in. Nick was MUCH more relaxed than I have seen him in a long time.  

Back at home, Avian and I finished the outfit for the photo shoot.  

March 20 - Avian went back down to Savannah.  

March 21 - Steve and I were supposed to head down and spend the day with them but Steve woke up feeling sick and I was still dealing with the kidney stone.  

BELOW ARE PICTURES FROM AVIAN'S CLASSES WINTER QUARTER 2026

















March 23rd - LNC competed in the regional BOB competition.  We placed 7th out of 10, but it was a fun day and a great learning experience for the kids.  The competition was fierce!


Only 12 points difference between 1st and 5th place.  

Waiting for our round to begin.  

That night, Steve and I went to dinner with the O'Briens.  It is always fun hanging with Jerry and Holly.  The new location for the Charlotte temple was announced as well.  It is closer to our house.  I am not complaining.  

March 25 - Val came home from work very excited.  She had gotten some great compliments about being responsible and helpful and was given a key to the room.  This is a huge step for her.  

March 28 - Steve and I started the day at a dance competition.  Nick's roommate, Ari, teaches dance and she wanted us to come and see some of her students compete.  She told us some of the dances made her cry they were so good.  We got there and realized that Ari teaches dance to kids with handicaps.  The performances were amazing.  There was a sister duo (one in a wheelchair and one with dwarfism) that made me want to cry it was so beautiful.  Another young lady who had had a stroke showed absolute poise and grace while dancing using only one half of her body.  I love Ari even more after watching her work with these kids.  

We stopped at Tandy Leather on the way home because we were so close and I had never been there.  It was a fun shop with a lot of possibilities.  I can see why Steve likes it so much.  

Back at home, I went over to help a friend get the last few items out of the old house and into their new house.  Steve went and helped a friend fix a bed for the dad who needed some modifications made due to surgery.  

That night, Steve and I volunteered at the LNC Bulls and BBQ fundraiser.  We sat at the drink and raffle ticket table.  It was a great place to get to see everyone and it wasn't really loud so we could have some good conversations.  Our shift ended at 7:30.  We went to dinner at Azucar afterwards and really enjoyed the plantains.  

No comments:

Post a Comment